905.1 R1 Rules & Regulations for Facility Use
Rules and regulations exist to protect the public’s investment in the Lewis Central Community School District’s facilities and equipment. All groups using the buildings/grounds must observe the following rules and regulations:
- A permit will not be granted for any facility use application which in the judgment of the Lewis Central Community School District, may be in any way prejudicial to the best interests of the school or the educational system. Lewis Central Community School District reserves the right to modify, deny, cancel or revoke any or all facility use applications or permits with or without due notice for any reason school official(s) may deem is in the best interest of the school and/or community.
- All local, state, and school ordinances and regulations pertaining to use of public buildings and facilities must be observed.
- The use of tobacco in Lewis Central Community School buildings is strictly prohibited at all times.
- The possession and/or use of alcohol or any controlled substance on Lewis Central Community School premises is strictly prohibited.
- The carrying and/or use of any type of a weapon on Lewis Central Community School premises is strictly prohibited.
- Gambling on school property is strictly prohibited.
- Obscene or indecent language is strictly prohibited.
- Competent adult supervision (at least 21 years of age or older) must be provided by the group during the entire use. The group supervisor(s) will be held responsible for compliance with rules, general behavior and safety of the group.
- The adult supervisor must make certain all windows are shut and locked, lights are shut off, that all students are gone from the building, doors locked and checked before leaving.
- Use of the building and/or equipment shall be strictly confined to those areas of the building that are specifically designated and approved on the permit.
- In most instances a custodian or school representative will be present throughout the use of the facility, whenever a building is used for non-school purposes. Cooperation with the custodian or school representative is essential.
- Equipment brought in and its manner of use is subject to approval by the custodian or school representative in charge.
- Lewis Central Community School equipment may be used if authorized on the Use of School Facilities form. Additional charges for equipment may be assessed.
- All groups shall leave the school facility in the same condition in which they found it, returning all furniture, equipment, etc. to its original order. Additional charges for staff time may be assessed for set up, cleanup, etc.
- If food and/or drink are to be served, this must be indicated on the Facility Use Application, and will be permitted only in designated areas.
- “Guidelines for Use of Lewis Central Community School Kitchens” will be followed in the event of kitchen use. “Guidelines for Use of Lewis Central Community School Gyms” will be followed in the event of gym use.
- Lewis Central Community School facilities may be rented to churches operating within the district for worship purposes, but are not intended to be used as a long term worship facility solution.
- Groups or individuals approved to use Lewis Central Community School facilities may not assign, sublet, or transfer their approved facility use to any other group or individual.
- No signs, displays or materials may be attached to walls, windows, woodwork, floors, draperies, equipment, the school grounds, school drives, etc. without the express approval on the permit or written consent of the building principal.
- No gratuities are to be paid to school personnel by individuals or organizations using the district facilities or equipment.
- The school staff representative (custodian, kitchen supervisor, or any others in charge) shall have immediate authority in any manner concerning use of the facilities.
- No furniture or equipment (including pianos, stage equipment, athletic equipment, audio visual equipment) shall be used or moved unless specifically requested and approved on the permit or written approval is given by the building principal.
- The use of specialized equipment such as stage lighting, sound system, stage curtains, audio visual equipment, bleachers, etc. shall be permitted only when operated by school employees or persons authorized by school officials. (A school personnel service fee may apply.)
- Proper rubber soled gym shoes must be used for games or athletic activities.
- Private use of District facilities for weddings, receptions, parties, etc. will not be permitted.
- School facilities may be made available to the community without fee in case of an emergency or catastrophe.
- Printing and copy equipment may only be used by school groups, Parent-Teacher organizations or other groups affiliated with the school and is to be used only for the Lewis Central Schools use.
- The use of school facilities for programs involving animals or animal performances is prohibited unless express written authorization is given by the building principal.
- Abuse or misuse of facilities or non-payment of fees when charged will result in loss of facility use privileges.
The Activities Office must be notified at least two business days prior to scheduled use of any cancellation. If notification is not made, the group/individual may still be charged a usage fee.
Activities officially sponsored by Lewis Central Community School District will in all cases have first priority in the use of school facilities and equipment. Steps will be taken to avoid scheduling conflicts, but should such a conflict occur efforts will be made to find another suitable location. But, the Activities Office reserves the right to modify, deny, cancel, or revoke any or all facility use applications or permits with or without due notice for any reason and at any time. In the event the Activities Office must make a cancellation any monetary fees paid prior to the event/activity would be refunded to the applicant/group sponsor.
- Series 900 Buildings & Grounds