Policy 501.7 - Continuing Enrollment


A student whose residency changes to a residence outside the district during a school year may continue attending with the completion of open enrollment paperwork.

Students who become non-residents while currently enrolled as 11th or 12th graders who are no longer residents of the school district, but were residents in the preceding school year, may continue to attend school until they graduate without the payment of tuition. These students must have a resident guardian identified for purposes of administration.

Modified:5/22/89; 03/17/03; 11/02/15
Reviewed:4/11/94; 06/28/99; 03/03/03; 09/13/10; 10/19/15

Legal Reference:Lakota Comm. Ind. School v. Buffalo Center - Rake Comm. School, 334 N.W.2d
704 (Iowa 1983).
Mt. Hope School Dist. v. Hendrickson, 197 N.W. 47 (Iowa 1924).
Oshel v. Creston Comm. School Dist., DPI Admin. Coc. 570 (1981).
Iowa Code 257.6; 282.1, .2,. 6, .7, .24 (1993).

Cross-Reference:Series 501 School Entrance and Attendance Policies

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.